Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving The Second


This year, Thanksgiving at the Cape seemed all about the beach. Or at least that's where I took all my pictures. We got in late on Thursday night and spent Friday doing the Thanksgiving II thing. A lovely meal as usual. Mom makes a mean Thanksgiving dinner. And somehow, I managed not to go back for seconds and only had a small piece of pie. Yay me. Although, I was feeling slightly less "yay me" on Saturday, or The Day of College Football, as I seemed to be eating constantly from 3pm onward. The wine, crab dip, cheese & crackers, Mom's shrimp tortilla soup, and Tex Mex really did me in. Yowza.

Fortunately though we all went for a big walk Saturday and Sunday at the beach. It was SUPER windy. Can't believe I almost didn't bring a jacket.


Despite it being surprisingly cold and regardless of the gale force winds, the water & the sky were doing cool things, I thought...


I took a bunch of pictures. As per usual.




The Lighthouse


I'm probably watching Clay do something ridiculous here...


Clay uses the post as a vault


Kristyn (who you may remember from the Nantucket Red Extravaganza) joined us for the second half of the weekend.


I just really liked this picture. Something about the way we're all spaced out in a line.


We brought Hayley of course, who is one of the most high energy dogs on the planet and she did ALL kinds of running and fetching. This is Hayley at the house, waiting for SOMEONE, ANYONE ("preferably Clay, please Clay, look at me Clay)" to play with her:


Here is a happier, less anxious Hayley in a sequence I like to call A Man and His Dog, or Hayley's Version of Heaven:









The beach is really pretty and totally different in the winter. And in addition to the beach, there was a Special Project that Geoff and Clay worked on. A video project that Geoff helped Clay on for work. Which ended up being pretty funny.

And there was MUCH speculation on the breaking Tiger Woods scandal. Dad and Clay called it from the beginning.

And there was Bananagrams, which Mom was so glad for, since Dad doesn't LOVE playing, she was glad to have some people who do. Although he did sit down and play with us all this time. And even tried to make up a new version of the game. You never can tell what kind of curve ball that guy's gonna throw you.

So it was lovely. Big surprise there.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow Kate...
Gorgeous pictures!!!

We had shrimp tortilla soup too!
I've never had been before, and I'm totally in love!

MISS YOU!!!!
xoxoxoxo!

beckley said...

lovely.

and i want the lauren winner series for christmas. not that anyone here knows that. and who knows- we might have some in permanent residence. i love her.

ever heard her preach on esther? it's buck. i might be able to send it to you if you want it via download-emaily-whatever.

i want some shrimp tortilla soup. now, please.

and beautiful- i love cold beaches. something rich about them.

and really? they called that? they didn't think his wife was helping him get out of the car in a non-life threatening injury? really? at 2:30am? and she got out to his car after "hearing the noise" and "rescued him" by beating out the window before the man who owned the house even called the police? really? that sounded fishy to them? :)

"my wife was acting heroically." uh-huh. nobody really read that as an overstatement meant to distract...or wait... very silly. power can do nasty things to people.

back to lauren winner. she's nice. pretty. smart. brilliant. cool. yeah, let's stay there. and shrimp soup. and beaches. and, we're back :)

Ariel said...

Kate, these pictures are amazing! I so miss the beach in the winter. I miss the beach in the summer, too. I just miss the beach.

Ariel