Monday, July 13, 2009

Nantucket Red - The Official Partay, Pt 1


Saturday dawned and Geoff and I did wake up to find a tent in the yard. Not out of necessity, as there was plenty of space to sleep, but just because Evan wanted to. Sure, why not? The morning consisted of deck time and partaking in Kristyn's gift to Clay - The Morning After Basket (complete with Bloody Mary fixins)and I learned that Clay can make a mean bloody mary. I hadn't even had one that I liked up until this point. But Dang. And Yum. I think pickles are the secret. After at least partially recovering from their late nite birthday festivities (in which I think Kevin may have been nearly mistakenly arrested - but wasn't, as they literally had indeed mistaken him for someone else), most folks hopped on Clay's boat and headed for the beach. Alison, Geoff and I stuck close to home, chilled on the deck and helped with last minute party prep.

Mom clipped new hydrangeas. Very patriotic with her fun hat.



Alison = pretty

Alison and I chopped stuff to make this pasta salad. Tomato, basil, mozzerella, yellow peppers, and a mustard balsamic vinagrette. Pretty Yum.


Then it was party time....Check out Clay's pants. Those are sailboats, and all things nautical I believe.


Me & Alison


Kim & Kristyn - who just ARE Nantucket at all times. Amazing.


Rupert snuggled up with Alison


On the deck with a margarita. Ahhhhhhhhh.....


More classic Clay & Alison (I really love this picture)


Hayley with football, wondering why no one will play with her. She didn't know she'd been benched after cutting her foot and splattering the deck with blood earlier in the day.


Clay teases Hayley


The family


The full crew - I actually think I have one of the best outfits. There, I said it. Best, as in, true to appropriate style. Besides Clay, of course.


Love this series - The four of us.... (normal)


Clay starts making his Stupid Face....Mom senses something is happening...


Mom checks to see what he's doing...


She doesn't like it. :-)


After the BBQ portion, we move to the backyard for some "Fun & Games".... coming soon.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

this is so fun!!!

Christy said...

seriously, is your mom reverse-aging??!!!

she looks more gorgeous than EVER!!! :)

Love the pictures!!! what a beautiful place and a perfect party! wish we coulda been there!! :)