Monday, December 14, 2009

In All It's Glory

Well, I have to admit....I was almost disappointed. I mean, i don't know what I expected them to do....buy all new Christmas decorations? But the set up is very similar to last year.

Ferris Wheel full of Christmas creatures? Check.


Carousel of various animals hanging on to reindeer for dear life? Check.


Mr. Penguin seems to be closest to possible death. But then, good ole Prancer really is rearing up on his hind legs, isn't he? Show off.


So I felt a little..."been there, done that" about the Christmas decorations. But when I looked a little closer, I realized there were some subtle changes.

First of all, the Carousel and the Ferris Wheel were on opposite sides last year.

So.

That's huge.


And this guy, hanging in the corner by the door. He's new.


And I feel that while this Santa could potentially be viewed as A) waving at you, or B) inviting you to dance, he could also serve the additional purpose of giving you a strict talking to about the "positively no ball playing" sign. Please, that's SO why they put him there. For his multitasking skills. I mean, what kid is gonna play ball before Christmas with Santa staring him down like that?

There's also a huge inflatable Santa-in-a-Snow-Globe sitting in the same spot where Tom the Pilgrim Turkey sat. Overlooking the fish pond. Lovely. And every time I walk out the front door and see the snow in my peripheral vision, I think for a minute it's snowing in real life. Even though it is not. (I probably shouldn't admit that out loud, should I?)

And I have to say, though I'm kind of surprised at myself...it actually seems...kinda pretty this year....


With the Christmas tree twinkling from the lobby? And all the people who live on either side of this display seem to have their coordinating lights in their windows. It's all twinkly. Even if those white globe lights around the railing were also used during Halloween. And even if there is still a "Beware, Ghost Crossing" sign in the ground under the Christmas Carousel.

It's still sort of lovely...

At night anyway.

3 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

you are hilarious!!! This is the greatest! Thanks for sharing it all. Glad you are in such a festive building;)

Natalie Hill said...

i'm sorta desperate to see it in person.

merry merry christmas, pretty lady!

Christy said...

awesome!!!!