Thursday, December 10, 2009

8 (Uber Random) Thursday Thoughts

1) I’m having an over-abundance of hangnails this week. Possibly more than I’ve ever had in my life. Maybe it’s God’s way of telling me there is no hope for me to ever take care of my cuticles on my own and I should just go get an $8 manicure for pete’s sake.

2) Someone was shot and killed by police in Times Square this morning. About 7 blocks from my office. Incredibly weird to think about. Apparently he opened fire on a police officer and the officer fired back. And he was killed. About 7 blocks from my office.

3) I hate guns. I can’t help it. I know they have their purpose. But I hate them.

4) I’m trying out a new pair of gray suede ankle boots today (on sale at Aerosoles). never thought I was cool enough to rock an ankle boot. Still not sure I am. I’m wearing them only in the office on carpet so that if they turn out to be uncomfortable I can take them back without a fuss. Surprisingly, they so far seem like keepers.

5) I’m going to be the photographer at a Christmas party on Saturday night. Just for two hours. I’m slightly terrified. Ok, more than slightly. I mostly just shoot by myself on my own terms. Shooting with a purpose, AT NIGHT, within a confined amount of time and being expected to come up with professional results…? I’ll be shaking in my boots. Geoff will be there to help. Which is good. Still completely terrified though. Anyone want to shoot some prayers my way from about 10pm-midnight on Saturday…I would accept them gladly.

6) I love that get compliments on this pair of grey plaid tights that I’m wearing today. And then I love to tell people that I got them at Duane Reade for $3.

7) I’m beyond excited for the new Meryl Streep movie, It’s Complicated. Meryl. ALEC BALDWIN. And it’s a Nancy Meyers film. This all adds up to me to a big fat amazing chick flick. Can’t wait. Actually, I’m not technically sure I CAN wait. It doesn’t come out until Christmas Day. That’s way too far away.

8) There was a dog named Rusty at the office today. He belongs to our Executive Director. I loved him. He was calm and chill and loved being petted. (Petted? Surely that's not a real word. Don't care.) I went out to reception to pet him and once I got my fill and started to go back to my desk, he got up to follow me. And then I loved him even more.


Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love hearing what you're thinking about today!

Deb Schwabe said...

I'm sending not only prayers but tons of confidence for you to gobble right down, RIGHT NOW!!!!!
For goodness sake, you are SO GOOD and I'm not even kidding and you know that because so many people you know and love and that love you right back think so too. And they/we can't be wrong. It's thrilling to have the opportunity and you deserve your pleasures, i.e. you shall enjoy the excitement of photgraphing people and objects surrounding a party. HOORAY!!!!
I'm glad you had some time with Rusty. He loves you!

the little owl said...

Wait a second... hold the phone... you're wearing plaid tights AND grey suede ankle boots?

(... at a loss for words.)

I am so impressed with you - rockin' out the cool tights and ankle boots! I'm so jealous! I'm still working on my "tall boots with jeans" things - got the boots yesterday, now I just have to find jeans that will fit inside them. And I just might need you to give me a pep talk before I actually attempt it.

Courtney said...

how did sat nite go???