Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving The First


OK. We do Thanksgiving twice. Once with Geoff's family and once with mine. I have to say I'm not much in a blogging mood today (busy at work, busy planning a baby shower and things on my mind). However....I had a really good time with Geoff's family on Thanksgiving, so I can't not share pictures.

There was a ton of hustle and bustle. My sister-in-law's family is big and there were extra cousins there this time, so I bet there were about 25-30 folks in attendance. Very different from my small immediate family version we would do the next day. But just as fun. And as I stood at the kitchen island making the Buffalo Chopped Chicken Salad (yes, the CPK version), I found myself really enjoying all the hustle and bustle and activity going on around me. Kids running everywhere, a dog parked by the turkey carving station, people talking, and rushing about as the timing of all the dishes reached their respective critical moments. I just liked it. It made me smile on the inside.

It might not have hurt that I was making my salad right next to my own contribution to the day:


Being within arms reach of a cheese plate always does wonders for my mood. Particularly if there is a horseradish cheese involved. And there was. *sigh* Joy.

After the meal, there were outdoor games for the kids. Lots of relay races which involved carrying various vegetables in spoons.


Maya giving me a little sass after one of her runs with a turnip in a slotted spoon.


And eventually, there was an egg toss. Hard boiled for the kids. And also for the adults to practice on. A brave few moved on to real eggs a little later.

Maya waiting for the egg toss with Uncle Geoff. SO PRECIOUS....the hand holding.


Oops!


Quinn (Liz's brother's son) hanging out with Grampy (Liz's dad - obviously)


I love this shot. Even though its blurry and completely more "spring" than "fall". I just like it. So there.


Kayla, getting into some mischief...


And possibly my favorite shot of the day...the cutest butt in all of Thanksgiving.


And then we hopped in the car and headed for Thanksgiving Part Two...

3 comments:

the little owl said...

Uhmm... when did Maya and Kayla get so big??? They're so cute! :)

Looks like you had a great time and I'm jealous of your vegetable racing - we just played "Celebrity" at my Thanksgiving. Your is way cooler.

Christy said...

I love it!!!
What great pictures and descriptions...
love you girl!!!

whowantspie said...

?Thank you so much, my dear daughter-in-law for capturing the pictures of the children at Thanksgiving playing "toss the egg". I was a little limited with my walker and all, and didn't make it out there. Wish I had. As usual, your wonderful eye captured the sweetest ;moments. You go girl! Love, "Mom K"