Thursday, December 17, 2009

Every Girl Really Does Need One

This was taken when Alison and I were at Macys shopping for my rehearsal dinner dress for our wedding. So this must have been May of 2008 or so? (Back when I had a waist). Saw this little number hanging on a sale rack and HAD to try it on.

How could I not?


A pretty pink princess dress for grown ups! Alison took the pic on her phone and we laughed and laughed. And she just found it today and re-emailed it to me.

I really needed this today.

After realizing at 845am that I had a 9am doctors appointment. No shower for me!
After realizing that I am NOT as ahead of the game on Christmas gifts as I thought I was.
After attempting (and failing) to resist the unlimited amount of Christmas goodies and treats that are delivered to my office on a daily basis and that take up residence RIGHT NEXT TO MY DESK.
After a flurry of stress and phone calls at work that has left my head spinning. Which only made me fail more at resisting Christmas cookies.
After realizing it's 3pm and I haven't had lunch yet.
After catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror and seeing just how amazing my hair looks today. And I don't mean that in a good way.

After all that, I needed a laugh. And Alison knew it. Somewhere deep in her heart, her BFF powers kicked in. Thank God.

'Cause nothing gives you perspective like seeing yourself in a ridiculous poofy pink plastic dress.

4 comments:

the little owl said...

I have ESPN!!

You really do look amazing in that dress - pink, plastic poofiness and all. Remember the other part of the story? Where we emailed that picture to your mom and told her we found a relacement wedding dress?? That you didn't want the other one, now that you had some "pink magic"...

Unknown said...

now go make a girl to your gal-pals on your pink princess phone~!

Megan said...

i totally forgot about that dress! awesome.

Christy said...

awesome....
oh gosh, I'm frequently having one of "those" days! :)

xoxoxoxo