Friday, October 16, 2009

Birdie Opening

Bye Bye Birdie opened last night. This is a show that is very dear to me, because we cast actual teenagers as opposed to 25 year olds who "look young". And I think they are really terrific. I'm so proud of them! And at least half of these kids came from the open call we did back in April and had never done anything besides their high school musicals in their hometowns in Connecticut, Virginia, Iowa, Maryland, Long Island etc. Here I am at the party with about half of them. And yes, they are all way cooler than I ever was at their age. They are amazing and I love them!

4 comments:

Beth said...

So cool Kate! I would love to see the show. Oh New York, why are you so far!

Michelle said...

Nice tan!!

Deb Schwabe said...

Your KIDS!!!!! Great photo....priceless! Guess you feel a bit like a proud parent! I know that feeling! So proud of you, love. You're beautiful.
xo

Christy said...

That's awesome Kate!!!
I LOVE your life!!! how fun!!
and you look amazing! love those earrings!! :)