Friday, October 9, 2009

Dad's Favorite Four Letter Word

Now, Dad is a bit infamous for his eBay habit. And his dad was notorious for being thrifty (which I think some in my family might say is a nice way of putting it). I have a hard time spending more than $40 for anything. ANYTHING. Including furniture. And rent. So...it's in the genes I think. So, we passed this sign on the way too the Lighthouse and Dad put on the brakes to stop, but mom convinced him we'd stop by on the way back. And stop we did.


A little shopping


The offerings...




Dad peruses


Clay contemplates a doily


Dad and Clay study nuts and bolts


Hayley waits patiently for us to return our attention to her


Mom attempts to put the kibosh on Dad and his "collecting habit"...


And then laughs about it


Dad...in bliss



Still more Maine adventures to come, if you can believe it. And this was all in one day! I guess you really CAN get a lot done when you get up before 7am.

Oh and PS - about Dad's sweatshirt. I gave it to him a couple of Christmases ago. "Knotsowyde" is what they've named their house. And it describes it perfectly. Can you guess the meaning?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Well....isn't their house "not so wide"? ;) And I would fit in perfectly with all your frugality!

Christy said...

i LOVE it!!
your family is SO stinkin cute!! and I want to be adopted!!! My dad would have LOVED sifting through those treasures as well---he totally has used coffee cans all lined up in our garage with nuts and bolts of various sizes organized in them with corresponding labels---ha!!

LOVE YOU!!!---oh, and I'm also thinking a possible Barnhouse reunion in Maine???!!! It looks AMAZING...

Mike said...

I agree with Michelle. You said before that it's tall & skinny (because of zoning).