Sunday, October 18, 2009

A baby shower

Today I went to a baby shower for a director we work with all the time. There was amazing food, celebrities, musical numbers and bloody marys served in shot glasses. I was fussy on my way there because really I wanted to be home on the couch watching movies with Geoff, who has a cold. But I'm so glad I went. As is often the case. The Director thought he was just adopting one child, but he found out a few months ago that the surrogate was pregnant with twins. She is due right around Christmas. And as I listened to the future father of two's voice break as he talked about how he has wanted to be a dad for such a long time and how blessed he feels to have such an amazing community to bring these kids into, I thought about how funny this world is. Because I know that there are people out there who think that a single gay man should not be adopting twins. And all I could think as I watched him talk about his future children was what a great and loving home these kids would have with a father who had longed for them. And in this broken world, Im not sure it can get much better than that. And I was glad to be there to celebrate it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's exciting....I hope he has someone to help him!!

Christy said...

That's awesome girl!!!!

Beth said...

Love it.