Friday, September 25, 2009

Well...

I think its gone for good.

Or hiding in a really really secret place. (this is what I'm hoping)

I tore apart both closets last night. No dice. Looked behind my dresser drawers to see if it had fallen. Nada. Looked in my "under-the-bed-out-of-season-clothing" box to see if I just hadn't removed it this summer when I put my winter sweaters in there. Nope. Looked in several weekend bags & suitcases incase it was hiding in a inner pocket somewhere. Looked in a freshly laundered bag of items Geoff brought from Al & Liz's house last time we were there. Nothing.

I really don't know where it could be. Maybe I'm just not looking very thoroughly. OR, maybe I can blame Geoff for not looking very thoroughly in CT. Oooooo, maybe that. Who am I kidding, I'm much more of a mess than he is when it comes to losing things.

Well, maybe I will just live with the ugly mismatched one. It's certainly not the end of the world. And as Alison pointed out, I am headed to warm weather central. Maybe I can find one there. Maybe they will have more on their sale racks than Bloomingdales, Macys, The Gap, Old Navy and Talbots did, as I have already tried and failed to find a substitute at all those places.

And maybe, just maybe, someday my suit will come out of hiding and come back home where it belongs.

No comments: