Sunday, September 20, 2009

Friday Night with the Bobo

Friday night I went with Alison to see the first preview of After Miss Julie, a play we cast with Sienna Miller and Johnny Lee Miller (who was the lead on that series Eli Stone, among other things). As we were sitting down just before it started, Alison informed me that my brother was in town, asking if we wanted to meet him for a drink afterwards. After much teasing that Alison knows his social schedule before I do, we agreed to meet after the show.

The show was fantastic, by the way. Sienna Miller was really really good. Pretty much everything about it was. Which I love.

Anyway, we headed over to meet Clay for a glass of wine. Then we learned his friend and college roommate Greg was joining us as well. As was their friend Ben, another West Point classmate. I hadn't seen Greg in...gosh...5 years or more I bet. He's married now and is about to be a dad for the 2nd time. Wild.

So everyone arrived and it was a great reunion. Great to see Greg, who has barely changed a bit, which is just what you want in a guy like Greg. And he and Alison bonded pretty quickly. Luckily for all of us, as the night unfolded, I had my point&shoot.

New BFFs


Within 15 minutes, Greg had spilled red wine all over Clay's Ted Baker shirt that he had borrowed for the evening.


Greg's general despair over ruining the shirt


Never fear. Tide stick to the rescue! (The second thing I pulled from my purse that proved instrumental to the evening.)


We had a great time. Somehow when we ordered our second round of drinks, Clay decided we should just go ahead and get 2 bottles. And so we did. We just talked and laughed and told stories.

The interesting part of being a grown up (as I now semi-think of my self) is getting to know things about your siblings that you never knew when you were in high school or college. Clay and I swapped some stories that we'd never heard about each other before. Alison happened to capture one of his confessions (& my reactions) in a montage of pictures that I think pretty much says it all. It was a blast.

Clay 'Fesses Up














A grand old time was had by all!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

kate! i LOVE you and your facial expressions!!!

Christy said...

me too!!!

Oh, and I LOVE how casually you can drop "sienna miller" in the play we cast her in--seriously???? LOVE her!!! so jealous!! :)

Deb Schwabe said...

what are the chances jomamma is ever, EVER gonna hear that story?

Unknown said...

wine on the shirt? look like me 10 minutes into ANY given evening!

the little owl said...

Ha! Those pictures turned out pretty hysterical! And I love that I know what the story was about... although, I was so busy taking pictures, I don't remember all of it. What are the chances Clay will tell it again?

And seriously, you Schwabes are the most expressive ever. I love it.

Michelle said...

I agree with my fellow commenters....we would like to hear Clay's confession! So glad you had fun together!

Megan said...

So, as the Tide stick was the second thing you pulled from your purse "that proved instrumental to the evening"...what was the first thing?
& ditto to others, LOVE your expressions. hoot!

Kate and Geoff said...

the camera was the first thing. so that we could properly document the evening.

And that reminds me, I need to pick up a new Tidestick.