Thursday, September 10, 2009

Consignment Heaven


Went to this great consignment shop in Chatham with my mom called At Home Again. It was awesome. They stage everything in super fun ways. And according to Mom there is really high turnover, so they always have new things. And if you'll notice in the above picture, in the upper left - that is a decorative ball made entirely from pieces of driftwood. I almost bought it.

I liked this hutch.


Seashell wreath. Very Cape Cod-y.


Teeny, toddler sized Adirondack chairs. Please.


These are so pretty. I love all things that are blue. Or blue-ish. No, I really do. It's weird.


I liked this birdcage because it is old looking. And cool looking. Even though I never want a bird.


In the entryway. More Blue for me.


A "Fresh Peas" sign atop an old school desk. I wanted to buy the sign for my kitchen until I remembered I hate peas.


Love how they set things up. Things that totally don't go together but go together.


I'm not usually fond of pillows that say things. Or any kind of decorative thing that says things. But I liked this.


And I liked this "create" sign for some reason. Maybe because it is blue?


OK, Things I actually bought:

These prints. I just loved them. There is French newspaper print inside the purse opening and on the sole of the shoe. No idea where I'll put them, but will find a place for them somewhere/someday.


Also got this basket on the chair. Liked it for maybe the lower shelf of my coffee table, where we've been wanting some baskets for organization of all my items. Geoff pointed out I could only really have room to organize pens in there. But I love it anyway. Also love the chair-basket-pillow on the floor-dresser-piece of old fireplace combo in this picture.


Things I wanted to buy, but had to cut myself off:

This amazing old-school shaving mirror for Geoff. Or at least to decorate the top of his dresser.


These blue mugs. Clearly. I love them. But I already have too many mugs and no one uses them but me.


This lamp, which I loved for it's kind of oblong shade (which you can't really tell from the picture) and cool twisty base. But, as you can see, some smart chick named Audrey already called dibs on this and is coming to pick up the two table lamp set plus matching floor lamp. Durn you Audrey!


This is a hat box. It is French. I therefore wanted to buy it for Alison.


These AMAZING ladder bookends. I love them. Possibly the most. I want them. I might call and see if they are still there.


And so it is official. In addition to Marion's Pie shop, Upper Crust Pizza and plenty of deck time, a visit to At Home Again will become a tradition every time we're at The Cape.

4 comments:

Megan said...

OOO OOO!!!! I LOVE this place! i need to go there & buy everything! (er, well almost) i love the decor & beauty & charm of it all. oh interior decor, why do you have to be so dang expensive sometimes? ..... looks like an awesome weekend. :)

Christy said...

WOW

LOVE it!!!

especially the BLUE!! the glass was definitely my favorite!!!! :)
LOVE YOU!!!!!

the little owl said...

I would like to have the following for my very own (or at least rock/paper/scissors you for): the old birdcage - I don't want a bird either, but I have long wanted an old birdcage, the thin white picture next to your blue "Life is good at the beach" sign, the "fresh peas" sign as I LOVE peas, the needlepoint pillow - but just so I can copy the pattern and instead of "chocolate" needlepoint "wine," the dresser next to the chair that is holding your super cool basket, the old-school shaving mirror - even though there isn't a man in sight I could add it to my "Hope Chest," the French hatbox, and I would actually arm wrestle you for those ladder bookends. A-MA-ZING!

the little owl said...

Shoot. Typo: the thin, white pitcher... not picture.