Saturday, September 26, 2009

I am a Big Fat Liar

I truly am. And it's a good thing.

My mom thought I was shooting an elaborate Indian wedding in Manhattan today.

I was not.

Instead, I was getting on a plane from JFK to Bangor, Maine last night so that my brother and I could be on a 730am ferry from Bass Harbor to Swans Island in order to sneak up to her house at 8:10am and surprise her for her birthday while she was having her coffee and watching the Today Show.

It was amazing. She was stunned. She still is a little. And I took so many pictures of our day together. Walking to the Top of the World, touring the old lighthouse, a hike at Blue Rock Trail, steaks on the grill and blueberry pie and giving her her Birthday gift, which at first she refused to look at because she knew it would make her cry. Won't really be able to post pics until at least mid week, once I get to vacation. But I think I got some great ones.

But it was awesome. I had a great day. I'm so blessed to have the family I have and my mom is the heart and soul of it. Her actual birthday is not until Monday, but Happy Birthday anyway, Mama. I love you SO much. You are one of the greatest gifts I have been given. And also, I might be moving in soon because there is little better than the view from your front yard. I need it for my soul.

I love you!

Much much more to come...

4 comments:

Emily said...

this made me cry. can't wait for pics!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you were able to pull off a surprise for her...so fun! And I love that you call her mama...I told Mike I hope our kids call me that. :)

Courtney said...

awww! so sweet! can't wait to see pics! have FUN!!!

Christy said...

you are amazing!!
what a precious thing to do! :)
Hope to see YOUR FACE this week!!! Can't wait!