Monday, September 14, 2009

Photography 101/Cheating

So, you know how I love to take street photography. Snapping shots of interesting people as I pass them on the street, preferably without their knowledge. Well a few weeks ago I was killing time before meeting friends for drinks and only had my point and shoot with me. It was nearing sunset as I wandered up 9th Avenue. I snapped a bunch of photos of interesting people. Or thought I did. Since it was getting dark, my point&shoot had auto set a high ISO and slow shutter speed. So, my results were grainy and blurry. Mmmmm, my favorite.

BUT!

Never fear, I saved them by turning them black and white and dubbing them "Abstracts".









And that concludes our lesson in creativity/faking it for today. Class dismissed.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

you so funny :-)

cacv12000 said...

You may be trying to be funny but some people really do this... Seriously

Kate and Geoff said...

I do actually really like the first one. It also would have made a great picture if it had turned out the way I wanted.

Christy said...

VERY funny!! :) and I LOVE the shots girl...
I think of you all the time as I try to copy your "incognito" photographing skills of strangers---yes, you are stealth at it---I am just completely uncool at it!! :)