Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Sunday, Another Brunch

Sunday we met Alison for brunch at Eatery, this great place on 53rd and 9th. It's always packed there, but the food is really good. I'd never been for brunch. But my new intern at work waits tables there and when he described a sweet potato hash pancake with eggwhites topped with a guacamole mango salsa I was intrigued. When he said it would change my life, I knew that was the place for us. He was not wrong. I loved it.

After a lovely brunch and two bloody marys (yum), we wandered up to Central Park to sit for a bit. Geoff was exhausted after a long wedding shoot the night before, but it was SO GORGEOUS outside, I couldn't imagine not being outside.

Things we saw on our walk up 9th Avenue:

This guy. Takin' a stroll. Makin' a statement.


Pretty colors


The bar of a cute restaurant called Bocca di Bacci (or something like that)


Passing some fruit


And flowers


Liked this sun-dappled sign...


This kid wanted to share his snack with me I think...


Columbus Circle


And in the park, sitting on a bench, we met the tiniest dog. Her name is Gabby. And even though I am not usually a small dog fan, I thought she was pretty stinkin' cute. Her owner was kind enough to let me have a mini-photo shoot.




Lots of sticking out of her tongue. Which was adorable. There were also a TON of shots when she was just a blur. She's fast!


Look at that face. Please keep in mind that her torso is basically the same size as Geoff's hand. She's teeny!


After Gabby we headed home. A nap was in order for Geoff. And I took him out to dinner at Bliss, one of our neighborhood haunts. The owner and waiters all know us and are so nice. We had a lovely meal and great conversation. Can't wait to do that every day on vacation in 10 days!

1 comment: