Monday, August 3, 2009

Like Ships in the Night

That's what Geoff and I have been this past week. He's had events on evenings when I was free. And I've been booked when he was free. I've come home exhausted and gone to bed while he stays up working. Which then means I leave before he is awake.

And I gotta say, it's tough. It puts a strain on things. On us. We shot a wedding this weekend (which was very cool and kind of unconventional, which I loved), but it made for a long day. And then we had about half of Sunday together before I headed out to a birthday party. And there went our weekend.

We don't like it. And on top of everything else, it makes me not want to blog. And then I get blog guilt. And feel...listless. I want to be blogging all kinds of cool things, including this wedding we shot this weekend. I want to be working on our blog book, which I started three months ago and haven't touched since. But I don't have it in me. I had to work on three things at once at work yesterday and even though that is fairly normal workload from Sept-May, yesterday it caused a meltdown. And I couldn't hack it. I watched my co-workers gently take things off my plate and kind of steer clear, as if I were a crazy person. Which sometimes I am.

I'm hoping this week will be better.

If our life is like this now, in the summer, when my job is a little slow, how will I possibly ever get anything done when we have kids? Sweet Lord, give me strength. And more hours in the day. And 14 hands. Or maybe just 2 go-go gadget super fast & productive hands, 'cause actually having 14 hands might not really be the look I'm going for.

This is picture of Butch, a dog who lives part time in our neighborhood. This photo is a year old, and he is a grown up now, but it makes me happy. Even though he is completely unrelated to this post. I don't even care. So here he is to make me smile.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

When kids come, your life will be crazier. No way around it. Take comfort in knowing that you will look back and think that these times really weren't that busy compared to how busy it is with kids. Then, you'll look at your kids and thank God for such an insanely busy life.
Life always works itself out. Always.
Ariel

Unknown said...

as usual - you;re killing me with the cute doggy photos!!!