Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You Guys!

Ok, so I'm doing this pushup challenge with the girls in my office and I feel stronger already! Ok, maybe not stronger as a whole, but it's only week two and I already felt like today's pushups were easier. Now granted, they are girlie, knee pushups. But still!

It was exciting.

We are also doing a situp challenge and the other girls are doing a squats challenge. I tried to participate in the squats challenege and I think there is something wrong with a way that my ankles won't bend, because my body doesn't seem to be able to do squats in a correct position. Lunges, sure. But squats - no dice. It's kind of weird. Maybe I'm just SUPER weak, but I've always thought my legs were the strongest part of me. As parts go. Like, you know how kids can squat down, feet flat on the ground, like this?


Well, I can't do that. I tip over backwards. Everyone in my office thought that was really weird. Am I just built weird? When I try to do a squat, it doesn't feel like a "oh my legs can't do this!" feeling. It feels like my ankles are going to break off if I try to force a squat beyond just a plie.

Also, I've learned two things through this post:

1) I am headed in the direction of strong.

2) I am not a fan of the word "squat".


Heading home for a bike ride!

1 comment:

Deb Schwabe said...

My Kate! You are an inspiration and I'm going to take on the challenge! I love how you put it: you're heading in the direction of strong. I want to be like you when I grow up!
xoxoxox