Monday, August 17, 2009

Domestic in my Free Time

I had a day to myself on Saturday. To do what I wanted. Which included:

- Walking to Starbucks for 2 venti iced coffees (one half-caf)
- Meeting a one & a half year old bulldog named Hubble outside said Starbucks, which caused me to put my beverages down and love on him.
- Making breakfast (scrambled eggs w/ a little grated parmesan reggiano cheese and whole wheat toast with blackberry preserves)
- Watching some of the Flipping Out marathon on Bravo. Drama!
- Pouring through recipe books to figure out what I was going to make this weekend (one chick food meal for me tonight and a crockpot meal for tomorrow that we can eat all week)
- Going to the grocery store for supplies
- Using my coupon from Starbucks in the AM for a "any grande beverage is $2 after 2pm" skim iced cappuchino.
- Marinating chicken for dinner
- Cleaning the bathroom in between doing my pushups for the day (My co-worker Carrie and I are on a program that will eventually make us able to do 100 pushups in a row. We're on week one. 100 seems really far away.)
- More Flipping Out marathon
- Making pesto with our basil. YUM.
- Having a glass of wine
- Talking to myself. I do it all the time when I'm alone. And when I'm not alone.
- Making roasted squash & zucchini tossed with pesto & grilling my marinated chicken for dinner. The timing of everything was a little tricky and I definitely started laughing at myself by the time the smoke alarm went off for the second time. Which is not necessarily a reflection of my cooking, but more of a reflection of what it's like to cook when you have no venting system on your stove at all.
- Watching a documentary called Show Business about producing four new Broadway musicals in 2004. And filled with people that I know & work with.

Would have also liked to:
- Had lunch with myself and a good book at the wine bar on the corner.
- Reorganized Geoff's bookshelf in his office
- Worked on our blog book
- Organized my closet
- Made it to Bed Bath & Beyond, as we still need some pots/pans from our registry if you can believe it. And yes, I do have my act together. Clearly.
- Hung out more with my new friend Hubble the Bulldog.

Maybe on my next day off....

3 comments:

Courtney said...

i love reading about your days.
and i totally want to do that pushup plan! do you do "real" pushups? or the knee kind?? i can only do the knee kind. but maybe i should push myself to do the real ones...

beckley said...

you can drink 2 VENTI's ??!??!?! by yourself? i'm impressed. i won't even tell you how lame i am.

i mean, i drink them strong and bitter and not with fixings, but not that much caffeine. i wish i could just slurp 2 ventis iced--of course!-- for hours. ahhhhh.....

glad you gave the people on the corner a good laugh last week. i live to serve :) ha.

Kate and Geoff said...

Oh, knee pushups all the way. Come on. I tried one "real" pushup and made it all the way down but couldn't get back up. So. Girlie ones for me.