Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Secrets & Tricks

Things I know how to do that might be helpful:

1) Cure for hiccups: Pour as much water as you can drink in one breath into a cup. Light a match and put it out in the cup of water. Drink the water in one breath. Do not get skeeved out by this concept, it will not hurt you and it works every time and is allegedly an old bartender trick. I have never been a bartender, but that's what I was told when I learned it.

2) Quick cool down: Trace your ears with an ice cube, or a finger dipped in really cold water. It will instantly cool you down. I know this from experience, as I am constantly overheated. Especially in the summer.


That is all. Those are all the tricks I know. I know this because I've been trying to think of more than these two for nearly a week. Sad. Lame. But True.

What are your secrets & tricks? Things you know how to do that always make people wonder where you learned that or marvel at how well it works.....

Please share, 'cause I clearly need to expand my repertoire.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow - I'm totally trying that hiccup thing next time. That is crazy, and sorta gross, but I believe you that it's not dangerous or anything. I'll give it a go.

This is a random mommy thing (or anyone who gets dowsed in sand at the beach). Baby powder takes all sand off - especially the nasty wet sand that gets in all the wrong spots. I bring a huge tub to the beach and that's how my kids "wash" their hands off before they have snacks. Random. If I know more, I will pass them along.

Megan said...

i've found a spoonful of peanut butter helps the hiccups quite a bit. let the spoonful sit in your mouth as you try to nosh on it & eventually the hiccups are gone...dunno why it works.
also, vitamin E oil works wonders on lines, scars, signs of aging...as does cocoa butter for all of the above & a nice night cream (esp in the winter). & lastly, ala "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" windex is awesome for lots of things...one time I had ketchup & bbq sauce on my pants from waitressing & sure enough, the windex got it all out! yay.