Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Top Ten Things I'm thinking about right now

1) I have a head cold. In the summer. It's the worst.

2) Geoff stepped on a shard of glass in the bathroom this morning at 730am and I played surgeon and got it out. It was huge.

3) We did a little rearranging of the apartment over the weekend (we refer to it as "futzing" around) and there is still a small bookcase sitting next to the stove as it has not found its new home yet.

4) We have no idea when we will be able to take a vacation this year as Geoff has a shoot nearly every weekend.

5) We watched Into the Wild this weekend and hated it. It was so full of itself. No offense Sean Penn. The only parts I liked were the scenes with other people in them.

6) I bought new dark gray pants at the Gap on Monday for $20. I love them. I might go back for a kaki pair.

7) I thought I was teaching a class tonight and then I showed up and it's next week instead. Oops. But I was so glad, as I feel like crap.

8) Pineapple makes my tounge feel funny. No idea why.

9) Alison is coming back to NYC in july!!!! I'm so excited!

10) The cable box in our bedroom shuts itself off almost every day for no reason, causing our Tivo to think it's recording a show we want, but instead, it only records an hour's worth of black screen. Also no idea why this happens.

That is all.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

head colds in the summer ARE the worst!
also hated "Into the Wild".
and pineapple does the same thing to me...but i LOVE it!
i liked your list :-)

Christy said...

me TOO! really about the pineapple :)
ok, can I tell you how much I love your life (I think I've done this already)
this book I've just finished..she lived in new york, possibly grew up there--can't remember--and so many of her romantic descriptions just made me think of YOU!
xoxoxoxo

Michelle said...

Oh no....I hate it when you think you've recorded something, and are so excited to sit down and watch it, and then, nothing. Stupid tivo.

the little owl said...

Yay for coming home in July!

Mike said...

I followed the link to Alison's blog and found her thoroughly gushing post on NC. Having grown up in Asheville and lived in Durham/Chapel Hill for 7 years, I quite agree with her review.

Recommended reading for all blogoisseurs (that's 'blog-connoisseurs'), check it out!