Saturday, June 20, 2009

Take Your Pick

I have been commissioned (and I use that term loosely) by my mom to pick some Cape Cod themed photos for the guest bathroom at our house at the Cape. She wants three 8x10s hung on one wall in a horizontal row. And the bathroom has just been painted a lovely shade of blue. And as of now I'm planning to use photos that have already been taken, so that we can bring prints up there when we go for the 4th of July. Mom, here are some choices....I don't have as many of boats on the water as I'd like. And if none of these work, we can always try to take some that weekend and mail them asap.

I think this might be my first choice as a set of three...(and in this order, horizontally across the wall from L-R)




Alternates...you could strategically replace any of the above three with one of these two (though the order may need to be changed):




OR - an alternative set - but clearly shot in the fall/winter (from Thanksgiving), and I wonder if we'd prefer to have a "summery" theme, since that's when renters are there. But the golden sunset tones might be a nice contrast to the blue walls? Again, these are in order, so imagine them L-R...




Alternates for "winter/fall" sequence:



Thoughts? Opinions? I think its kind of hard to get a sense of what they'd look like horizontally (with the second picture being the center picture) when they are stacked vertically on the blog. But I don't know how to make them go horizontally on this blog, so....there you have it.

And mom if you don't like any of these combos, I have some more options. They may not fit in as well with a "sequence", but we can play with it. Like, this is kind of a cool wide angle shot, but I'm not sure what other shots to pair it with...



Whatchu think...?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

how in the WORLD will you ever pick?? they are ALL amazing!

Deb Schwabe said...

so hard to choose from such great pictures.....
I'm leaning towards a 'view of the horizon' theme and would therefore choose the wide angle of the bend in river, the view of the sailing ship between the rails of the steps to the beach, and third, the beach grasses and ocean with sun coming in from the right (not the one with the house in the background).
Could you maybe do the blue boat in a smaller size (would it be 5 x 7?) and I'd put it to the left of the sink area. Love that simple boat.
Tell me what you think.
BTW, I love your street shots in NYC. I think you really need to make a portfolio and have a website or something! Love them all!
xoxox Mom