Sunday, June 21, 2009

I made this up


Geoff was on another shoot on Saturday and I had yet ANOTHER day to myself. (Lovely. Am getting spoiled.) I made up a slightly random dinner. Even though I rarely cook, it is mostly because I never have the time. When I do have time, I actually enjoy it.

Poured myself a glass of wine, and put on some country music (going back to my roots a lil' bit - it makes me happy) and decided on zucchini, yellow squash and red onion, sauteed with olive oil and garlic. Again, chick food that I wouldn't really make if Geoff was here, but it's one of my summer favorites.


Also got pretty proud of myself for this additional feat of engineering. You know how when you are prepping food for cooking, you end up with trash - ends of veggies you don't use, onion & garlic skins, trimmed meat fat etc.... Well I turned my (unplugged) blender into a mini, temporary, counter top trash can. Way easier than negotiating getting things properly into a plastic bag when your hands are messy. Probably everyone else has thought of this already, but....I was still pleased with myself for getting the idea. That blender lives on the butcher block anyway - might as well make it multi-functional.


I'd bought a roasted chicken from the grocery store (which Geoff hates the smell of....I think because we had it a little too often on summer salads last year...overdid it a bit). I threw that in the pan too to warm it up a little. Put it all in a bowl and added a little salt and pepper and some crumbled feta cheese on top.


Kind of random to have all that in a bowl together. As opposed to: chicken with a side of squash & zucchini. But tasty. I would make it again.

1 comment:

Deb Schwabe said...

look at you!!!! I'm smiling :)
xoxox
guess who has a birthday today?