Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kate Day

Geoff headed off to a wedding shoot this morning in CT and I had a whole day to myself. I was telling him I was going to do so many "chick" things that I normally wouldn't take the time to do if he were here. Watch chick movies, eat chick food (which usually is catorized as anything that is not warm and/or has no meat), and just generally do "chick" things.

I made some breakfast (scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, homemade iced coffee - very chick-ish), watched a stupid chick movie with Paul Rudd & Michelle Pfieffer (dumb movie but they were both quite charming - there's something about Michelle Pfiefer's hair - I just can't stop looking at it and coveting it for my very own), waited for the exterminator, cleaned the kitchen, had a nearly two hour phone date with Becca, one of my dearest friends from college (it was excellent), then went out for a turkey sandwich on an everything bagel (one of my favorite meals, and "chick food" in geoff's mind, I'm sure, as it is a cold sandwich) and had a phone date with my mom (also lovely), got a manicure & pedicure (and hated the color I ended up with on my fingers, but what's done is done), and then just ultimately watched more chick movies. A movie marathon sort of ensued. Quite accidentally. I had all kinds of Ideas about running errands and making trips to Michaels and Bed Bath & Beyond, but by the time phone dates and lunch was done, it was nearly 5pm. So I watched, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (nearly cried three times), And Then She Found Me (Helen Hunt's directorial debut, loved it, definitely cried), Smart People (Sarah Jessica Parker & Ellen Page from Juno. Not as good as I wanted, but still enjoyable). During these movies I clearly had a "chick food" dinner…Amy's vegetarian mini burritto and chips & salsa. Yum. By this time it was nearly midnight, so I went to bed and read a little of Lauren Bacall's biography By Myself and Then Some until Geoff got home from his long shoot. Enjoyed it very much. The book, and also my Day of Chick Things.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

SO glad you enjoyed your day to yourself!!

the little owl said...

I did the same thing with Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2!!! I don't care if I am nearly 30 - I LOVED it! :) In that good-bad, chick movie kind of way...