Monday, November 9, 2009

Sundays are my Favorite


I love Sundays. It usually means brunch. And time with Geoff. And a slow pace. This Sunday we got up and I threw some ingredients in the crockpot for chili chicken stew and we headed out on our bikes. We spent most of the day in Long Island City and the weather was gorgeous. We dropped my bike off for a tune-up and to get a new kickstand and went to brunch at Masso. Geoff had the Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict and I had their Green Eggs & Ham (a pesto, goat cheese & prosciutto scramble. YUM.)

And Then.

Then we saw Charlie.


He was having brunch outside with his mom and dad. And I spent most of brunch taking his picture.


He sees me! He loves me too!


I mean. COME ON. Can you even stand it??


Then we headed over to the river to sit and chat and do some people watching. The weather was awesome.


Fun People Watching






Couldn't decide which of these two I liked more. So I give you both.



Even the seagulls were digging the day. And the view.


I was pretending in my head that I was shooting this couple's engagement shoot. Even though they didn't even know it. And probably aren't even engaged. It was still fun.






Loved this kid. He was having the best time.


Somersaults in the sunshine....I mean, what is better than that?


LO-OVED this kid. Look at the face. He's my boyfriend.


Except looks like he already has a lady friend. He picked this grass to give to her.


Look how they are all Romeo & Juliet, being torn apart by their families.


All in all, a lovely lovely day at the River. As lovely as the East River can be anyway. We had a lovely talk and laid in the grass for a bit as the sun started to sink behind Manhattan.


And then we headed home on our bikes where there was Chili Chicken Stew just waiting for us. I mean, that's my kind of day.

2 comments:

the little owl said...

I love your "boyfriend" and how he picked up grass to give to his lady friend. So cute.

Loved all the pics. I like the first one especially. I think I have a thing for leaves... and herbs... and plant life in general.

Kate and Geoff said...

And I love you. For commenting. And knowing me. :-)