Monday, November 2, 2009

FYI & The Weekend


Just in case you were still worried...my rescheduling hell (mostly) cleared itself up on Friday as did my cold and I lived to have a rather nice weekend. Didn't want you to think I was still suffering.

We saw Where The Wild Things Are on Saturday and watched the kids in our neighborhood Trick or Treat (they mostly trick or treat to storefronts rather than within apartment buildings) and since the weather was nice we sat out and watched them. I feel that I won't ever give two hoots about Halloween until we have kids. We saw all these 20-somethings all dressed up and honestly, you would have had to DRAG me into a costume or to a party. I mean, I just couldn't care less about it. The mini ballerinas and ninjas and supermans were pretty stinkin' cute though.



The guy in stripes works at Claret, the wine bar on the corner there. All the employees there dressed up. The bartender had painted his whole head and neck red, like the devil. Impressive/Dedicated/Scary. But my favorite is this kid dressed as a cop in the background...


Also we met two bulldogs on the street in one night. I was in heaven. One named Hubble (who I had met at Starbucks this summer) and one named Watson. They were AMAZING. Hubble loved us loving on him so much, he refused to leave and sat right down on my foot. I love him. Loved him so much I couldn't even take any decent pictures.

I did manage to take a picture of this cat though. Snoozin'....


Sunday we took ourselves to brunch at Quaint, where we hadn't been in ages. I had a bloody mary, which is my new favorite thing somehow. And they are only $4 there. Yum. Yes please. Then we headed to our new neighbor's pumpkin carving pary. Megan and Joel moved in right across the street last month and they had us over. Their new place is great. And there were fun friends there. And three kids. I spent most of my time hanging out with Lucy, who is 5 months old. She's awesome. And very spaghetti-like.....floppy-ish. And squirmy. But uber cute.

Here she is with Jeremy...


And me. She likes fingers.


All in all, a nice weekend... And I love to scuff my shoes through these leaves.

1 comment:

Christy said...

AMAZING pictures!!!
Love the costumes, and her little yawn is adorable! And agreed about dressing up---seriously??? How do people have SO much energy??? And then after creating these crazy costumes (ie--sexy pocohantas) they still have energy to stay out ALL night??!!!! wow :)

SO glad things have settled down and you're feeling better!!!
xoxoxoxoxo!! :)