Tuesday, June 15, 2010

17% More


The flowers that awaited me when I got home last night.

And a reprise of this card to go with it...


Don't know why the "17% more" struck me as so funny, but we laughed about it all night. I feel it will become a running joke.

And we didn't make it out to dinner. I was too tired/defeated by a shopping attempt that went horribly wrong. And Geoff had a killer day too. So that = Thai food, a bottle of wine and the Real Housewives of NYC Reunion - Parts 1 & 2 (don't judge). It was lovely.


And to be entered into the log as Reason #127 Why I Love My Husband, I give you an excerpt from our text conversation last night after an incredibly frustrating attempt to find a dress to wear to my friend Anne's wedding this weekend.

(WARNING: This may be offensive to those who aren't fans of strong language - even when used for good and not for evil, or those who puke easily at lovey-dovey stuff)

ME: I'm fat and ugly and so over shopping.
G: Noooooooo!! That's my gorgeous wife you're talking about!!!!! Themselves fighting words!!
ME: Wandered into DKNY. Which was a mistake as everyone is thin and fashionable.
G: Oh f*@% those skinny drugged up flat as a pancake chicks!!** Give me a sweet, sassy, curly haired curvy WOMAN!!!!


Um. I heart him.

And now I promise to put a moratorium on mushiness for a significant period of time.


**DISCLAIMER: Obviously no offense is meant to women who are thin and fashionable. We don't actually hate you. We are sure you are lovely people. The writers of this blog hope that the above re-creation of a text conversation was received in the spirit in which it was meant: as an encouragement to those women who are neither thin, nor fashionable and have just spent two hours looking horrible in absolutely every dress she tried on.

4 comments:

Geoffrey R. Boka said...

I love you so much monkey. I'm so happy to have you in my life. I honestly can't even imagine my life without you in it. I don't know how I lucked out so much, but I'm so not giving you back! Like ever!

Happy Anniversary.

And sorry to all our friends and family that have to endure this mushy nonsense.

Michelle said...

I love it! (the text messages AND Geoff's sweet comment above) Glad you got to celebrate a little on your anniversary!

the little owl said...

This might be one of my favorite blog posts ever. (Smile.) You two are amazing and I love you both dearly...

P.S. Screw the skinny bi$*#*s.

Ariel said...

If skinny bitches can't take the heat.... they should eat more;)