Monday, June 7, 2010

My First Pie


Remember that red celery? Well I mixed it with the above and attempted to make my first pie last night. A Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with an oatmeal crumble topping. Ok, so technically I don't actually own a pie dish. So mostly I made it in one of those disposable 8x8 square tins that you buy at the grocery store for 99cents. So it looked more like a cobbler when I was done. But it was technically a pie recipe. (You can find it here)

The filling (strawberries, rhubarb, organic sugar & vanilla and an egg)


The final product.


It was really good. I was kinda surprised (and proud of myself, truth be told). I've never made a pie OR a cobbler before. And I even used wheat flour instead of regular. Next time I'll probably cut down the butter in the crumble topping a hair. It'll still be yum.

Yay for me and my Betty Crocker-ness. Who knew?

3 comments:

the little owl said...

Yay for you and your Betty Crocker-ness! Looks delish!

Megan said...

num! we had no clue what to do with our rhubarb & it pretty much went to waste. arg...better luck this week! :)

chanel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.