Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Organic Farming Week 4: What I've made so far


Week 4: Blueberries, Rasberries, Onions, Carrots, Dill, Swiss Chard (not pictured), some sort of ginormous singular green leaves the size of a tennis raquet (also not pictured) and what has been determined after much research to be fennel (bottom left).

Here's what I've made so far:


Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Yes that sangria came premade out of a bottle and yes I chopped up my own fruit to put in it (apples and oranges only) and yes I know that there were no CSA:Week 4 items in there. But I did "make" it. Sort of. And man, was it good.

OK, back on point. Dill:


Orzo Salad with tomato, dill and feta


And....


Berries with homemade whipped cream...


Tonight, I will attempt to use the swiss chard in a new recipe. If I get home at a decent hour. And if it's not too hot. And if Geoff lets me cook.

UPDATE:
It was not too hot. So I cooked. I took this...


And made this. Whole wheat pasta with swiss chard & bacon. Yum!

4 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

Look at you!!! Yum, indeed.
Did you ever find out about the tennis racket sized leaves?

Bassett said...

yeah ... are those collareds? Court and I have been on a kale kick (big dark green leaves with ruffled edges) for the past two weeks and are really enjoying it. Over the weekend we made Sweet Potato Gnocchi with figs and kale ribbons in a brown butter sauce ... not too shabby & all local from the farmer's market! :)

Kate and Geoff said...

Interesting - Maybe they ARE collards. I didn't think so at first when I did a google image search. But maybe so. Interesting....wonder what will be in our CSA basket tonite.

Christy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE it!!!!
You rock girl!!! That orzo salad looked AWESOME---as did the pasta with swiss chard---ummm, I'm HUNGRY :)

This came at a good time, being that I've decided I need to start cooking again and eating more "living" food---ha!! :)

xoxoxoxo