Friday, April 30, 2010

Inspiration, Thy Name is iPhone App


I'm no technology wizard, but when Geoff got the newer version of the iPhone, I inherited his old one. And I usually only download Apps that are free, as I am a cheap bastard thrifty. But this one was worth $1.99 if it brought my mojo back.

The Hipstamatic Camera App takes photos that somehow look like they were taken with just that. I somehow missed out on this apparently beloved toy camera when it came out in 1982 (thank you, google for educating me about it). But I am loving it now. It makes anything look interesting. I mean look at this picture of my desk.


And the bathroom sink at work...


Cool, right? More snapshots of my day yesterday...

Auditions...


From my walk back to the office...





Apparently there are different lenses and films you can switch to for different effects. I haven't even tried those yet. What fun! I'm probably super late to the party on this App, but just incase you hadn't heard of it....now you can share the joy. TOTALLY worth the $1.99. And coming from me, you know that means something.

8 comments:

Christy said...

I LOVE it!!!!
I've been seeing picture on fb but didn't really know what it was----FUN!!!!

You are TOO CUTE btw and I MISS YOU :)

xoxoxoxo

Christy said...

by "I've been seeing picture of fb" I mean I have seen people posting pictures with that app on fb----did that sound more like a completely thought???!! :)

UGH :)

Christy said...

...last one I promise----
yes by "completely" I mean complete!!
have a great wkend!!!!! :)

Deb Schwabe said...

Very fun! Thanks for sharing! As always, I love you photos!! YOU HAVE AN EYE!!! Good thing you can see with that leg.

beckley said...

yep. i've got it, too. it's pretty fun. i choked over the $1.99, but was totally bored with iphone pictures. esp without suff lighting.

of course, you still have to have good framing, so that's why your photos are a success, mind you =)

r

Michelle said...

These pics make it look like you are living in a murder mystery movie.....

LL said...

I hear the Austin Powers music when I look at those. LOVE the effect!

Unknown said...

post unrelated: happy Birthday, Mrs Boka!!!