Saturday, April 10, 2010

Living Vicariously

So, living in a 650 square foot 1 bedroom apartment can make you really start to daydream about things. Things like a yard. A kitchen with more than 1.5 feet of counter space. Storage. Of any kind. A garage/shed so your bikes don't have to hang from a pole in your foyer. You know, things like that.

Now, there are zillions of design blogs out there and I frequent several of them. It's so fun to dream and see all the pretty-ness. Some examples of pictures that make me drool a little bit....

Can you tell why I would love a blog called House of Turquiose? Shocking. The next 3 rooms make me, as Alison says, *le sigh*. (please - i'm in absolute LOVE with this backsplash)


those chairs...


beadboard and an angled ceiling...


I'm a huge fan of Brooklyn Limestone. She chronicals her adventures in renovating one with her husband. They have done an inspiring job. And they also take amazing long weekends in fabulous foreign cities. *le sigh*, indeed. This was a door she loved in Notting Hill on their trip to London, I believe. (breaking news: I am loving gray almost as much as blue these days)


A loft that I would love to get my hands on from ...Little Green Notebook


I also go nuts for built-in bookshelves. Completely nuts. Hence my love of these I saw on Black White & Yellow


And White Kitchens? Forget about it. Possibly the ultimate *le sigh*, like these at The Inspired Room...



This is just a snippet of all the fun stuff I like to daydream about. I think I'm gonna go dream about it some more now. Might even work on my "dream" book that Geoff bought me at Michael's to put all my "inspirations" in for future reference.

*le sigh*

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i'm in love with gray these days, too! i LOVE color...but also gray! doesn't make sense...