Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Laura Mackenzie Hunt


After 29 hours of labor, Amanda & Lee welcomed their sweet baby Laura into the world. 8 lbs, 11 oz, 21 inches long. On Saturday, Alison and I met at the hospital bright and early to visit the new family of 3.

Amanda looked terrific. I could tell she was tired, but I marveled that after little sleep, 29 hours of labor and no shower, her hair was still shiny and gorgeous and Pantene commercial ready. I don't see how that's fair, but it is true.

Laura was wheeled in shortly after our arrival and she.was.precious. She was hungry and bawling her little eyes out, but I picked her up and she quieted right down. ohmygoodness. That melted my heart completely. And bizarely almost made me cry. I think it must have been the excess hormones and female energy in the room. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I mean, please. Look at how she's looking at me. I can't breathe a little.


She was giving us some pretty amazing faces.







And there was plenty of this:


The hands. A-mazing.


She was pretty into Dad...



UPDATED:
I can't believe I forgot to mention the best part of the day. Speaking of Laura being pretty into her dad, he is pretty into her as well. He told us that after she was born and she and Amanda were resting, he headed out to run a couple of errands. He said he kept looking at everyone on the street and wanting to tell everyone, "You don't even know what today is! You're just going to the gym, but my DAUGHTER was just born today! You're just trying to hail a cab, but my daughter was born! You don't even know what today is!!"

I thought that was a pretty awesome way to describe it. And pretty much exactly how I would feel too.

You know what else I loved? When I told Geoff about Lee's reaction at brunch later that day, I'm pretty sure his eyes looked a little watery. He thought it was awesome.


Welcome to the world, Laura! We are so excited you're here!

4 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

She's so Beautiful! And all scrunchy! And so brand new! What a thrill to hold her!
And the picture of Lee looking into her face, gazing upon his daughter as if to say,"THIS is what you look like - let me drink in the sight of you!"
Love to Amanda and Lee!

Beautygirlnextdoor said...

oh my Gosh!! that sweet little girl looks just like her Mommy! I am so happy for Amanda- please pass along my congrats - and beautiful shots Ms. Kate- you are so good!
Lots of love from California!

beckley said...

baby, please.

right now.

please.

Megan said...

oh boy! your pics are the BEST! love. love. love.