Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursdays are for Random

Work is gearing up to drive me nuts the next few weeks. For those of you that see me on a regular basis, let me apologize in advance for the Nightmare I may well become.

I finished The Help in about 24 hours. Loved it. On to The Glass Castle...

I really need a haircut. Like. REALLY.

I really want to buy a rug for my living room but can't find one I like. I'd like a burnt orangey or deep red color I think. My living room is extremely beige at the moment. We're waiting on a print from an artist friend which I hope will make it look less boring.

A guy I used to work with once bought me a pink bonnet (a la Little House on the Prairie) and I can't remember quite why, but it was hysterical at the time. The bonnet is still hanging above my desk.

Why can't there be puppy therapy at my office? Hospitals and nursing homes really should share the puppies with the not-for-profit theatre employees. We need them too.

There are so many far more interesting things I'd like to be writing about, but there's no time. And also, my boss ordered us Virgils BBQ for office lunch today and so thanks to that, there's no energy either.

xoxo

3 comments:

the little owl said...

I just scheduled my twice a year Devachan appointment. I am also in DIRE need of a haircut.

BBQ is always a good idea.

Being a fan of "Little House on the Prairie-Chic" I approve of said bonnet hanging above your desk.

I am forever thankful that even though you are busy, you still post things...

Leah said...

I picked up The Glass Castle at the library yesterday, per your suggested reading. I'll get to it after I read "On Becoming Toddlerwise." Let me know what you think!

beckley said...

i used to have a thing for bonnets.

it was kind of serious.

one day i will post.

it will probably hurt your ribs.

:)