Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My New Favorite


This is absolutely my favorite salad dressing ever. My mom gave me Giada's Everyday Pasta Cookbook and while I've had to steer clear of most of the recipes lately given how carb-centric they are, this salad dressing is AMAZING. It makes even makes Geoff want to eat a salad. And he is a bit salad-averse, having been scarred by boring ones in the past.

First things first. Gather ingredients on counter. Pour glass of wine.


I actually noticed while making this dressing that I hardly ever actually drink the wine I pour when I'm cooking. I just like to have it nearby. It sets the mood.

Ok, next, put it all together. Basil, vinegar or lemon juice, salt, pepper & olive oil. (You can click on the above picture to make it bigger and you can see the recipe clearly).


While it chills in the fridge, I made my own croutons. Just a little olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper.


Toast them. Mmmmmmmmm. The only danger is that they are so good, Geoff likes to eat them like crackers. Just on their own as a snack. He ain't no dummy.


Assemble salad fixings.


We're doing organic everything we can these days. Especially after watching Food, Inc. It's just worth the extra money to me. Organic greens & tomatoes, a little Parmesan reggiano and the homemade croutons.


And of course....the dressing. HEAVEN. And made from the basil in my own little windowsill garden, of course. Thank you, God, for creating Giada, who thought up this recipe.


YUM. OK, I'm really ready for lunch now.

1 comment:

Deb Schwabe said...

Ohhhh, YUM!!!!! Must try it and the photos were GREAT!!!! And, again, YUM!