Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm Such a Sucker


First of all - and completely on an unrelated note - this was the fruits of "February Fury". Seriously? Oh please. Granted, cars are still snowed in on the sides of the street. But still. "Fury" seems a bit strong.

Back on topic - I am a complete sucker. I usually wait until Jan/Feb to buy my calendar for the year. Because by then they are usually about $6. So I went on Amazon.com last week. Sure enough...super cute William Wegman puppy calendar. $6. So I add it to my cart.

And then they get me.

Because they say "For only $32 more, you qualify for FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING!"

Free? Hm.....interesting. Tell me more.

And because I'm a complete sucker for anything that even seems free, I end up buying these.


I'm so excited. I love to read. Always have. When we went on vacation when I was a kid, I remember reading 13 books during one trip to Maine. There is definitely less time for reading now, but thats one good thing about the subway. I can read at least a half hour every weekday. And if a book is really good, I'm not afraid to read it walking down the streets of Manhattan. Not afraid. (Not when I cross the street, don't worry)

I've already started The Help and know I'm going to like it.
The Glass Castle I'm excited about because I read her other book, Wild Broke Horses and really liked it.
The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo is supposed to be in the style of a Charlie Huston novel, so I know I'll like that. I actually know (and love) Charlie Huston's wife personally, so I initially read his first book Caught Stealing because of her, but then loved the whole triology because they're good. And they should be made into a movie. They read like a really great action thriller. There I said it. I actually need to read his newer ones. I'm so behind. *sigh*
And The Elegance of the Hedgehog I wanted to buy over vacation but had to limit myself on books. And it was cheaper this time anyway.

So yay me. Yay for reading. I'll let you know how I like them.

Sometimes I don't mind being a sucker.

4 comments:

Beautygirlnextdoor said...

The Help is AWESOME and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is supposed to be incredible- it's next on my list. Have you read Water for Elephants? Also VERY good. Also The Postmistress is supposed to be great...
Can't wait to see you in June!!
xoxo

Courtney said...

oh, amazon...i LOVE you! i get ridiculously excited about a stack of new books like that! have fun reading!!!

Christy said...

OH I LOVE AMAZON...
I have a love/hate cause they get me every time!! But its so fun to get that little brown package at your doorstep!

The Glass Castle is fantastic! And I just finished the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it is great---and at times spooky!!! :)

Deb Schwabe said...

YAY for YOU!!! YAY for reading!
Just one of the gazillion things that makes you so special in my eyes...and that I admire so much.
xoxo