Saturday, January 9, 2010

This was Today


Breakfast


Great conversation at Cafe Boka (aka, our kitchen table)


Some time in the Cabana (aka, our bedroom when the sun pours in)



Lunch at the Aubergine Cafe.
A 2 mile walk.
Grocery shopping.

The Making of shrimp cocktail sauce.

The capturing of Proof for Robert Norman that my kitchen is normally a disaster while I cook. Don't they say the messiest cooks are the best? Well, I say that anyway.


More Cabana Time - reading and discussing of the Pete-Carroll-leaving-USC-for-the-NFL-Controversy.

Making dinner.... Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Jumbalaya (adapted from an Epicurious.com recipe)


More adjustments needed....it's a little rice-heavy. So less rice, more protein. And next time I will not dice the veggies as small. But all in all - A Success.


And now off to watch An Education.

And can I just say?

I've had a really lovely day.

4 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

Lovely! I'm so happy for it! :)

the little owl said...

I just went through some of those very same magazines! And just recently watched "An Education." I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts and opinions about it. And... with all these cooking posts of yours lately, I simply cannot wait for you to invite me over for dinner sometime in the near future. :)

Christy said...

LOVE your life!!!!...and pictures! :)

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice day....it sounds wonderful.