Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Birthday Boy


Dear Geoff –

I love you.

I wanted so much to have a ton of time today to write all about how amazing you are and why I like you so much. In typical fashion, however, my work day completely attacked me and stole my lunch money and left me tied up in a closet struggling to escape. So, from underneath the mops and the old jackets and the piles of boxes and the scary bits of things on the ground that that you can’t begin to identify, and might possibly be moving, I just want to say that I like you. A lot. Love you, even. And am so grateful you were born. Because I can’t imagine my life without you. It would make the zillions of things piled on top of me in this closet all the more scary and I’d probably just give up and make a little home for myself here. I would possibly even attempt to identify the scary and potentially mobile bits of things on the ground via taste test, and I'm guessing things would pretty much go downhill from there.

You’re my favorite. I dig you. Lets hang out later.

Happy Birthday.
xoxo
me

PS – I post this picture of us (from 2.5 years ago) not just because we are tan and it’s summer. And yes, so maybe we had a few less pounds and a few less years on us then then. But I'm even happier in our relationship now. So there. Take that, Skinny & Younger Me.

And also I picked this picture because my bangs have never been better behaved in their life.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Geoff!! I'm so glad you're there to help our dear Kate out of the proverbial closet...or actually closet I suppose, depending on how her day is going. ;)

Michelle said...

Okay...Mike just told me that the "proverbial closet" means being gay. Clearly, that's not the closet I was referring to....although I'm sure Geoff's glad you're not in that one either. ;)

Unknown said...

I talked with you already, but again - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Christy said...

love it!
Love the pictures...your relationship :)
Happy Birthday Geoff!

Courtney said...

Happy birthday, geoff!!!
enjoy each other tonight...in the closet or whereever ;-)

LOVE those pics in this post!

beckley said...

i'm glad you found a boy you like so much. very happy bout that =)

and geoff, i hope to meet you one day. and nice work with complementing kate so well.

and the whole boka thing? yeah. like that name is waycool.

happies.
r

Deb Schwabe said...

I'm just really smiling!
LOVE YOU TWO! And, Happy Birthday, Geoff, from your favorite Mother-in-law!
And I'm with Beckley....thanks for complementing Kate so well and making her life happy and whole.

Katherine said...

This is so sweet Kate.

Have I even told you that "Kate" is my number one name for a girl - if I ever have one? I mean, her name will be Katherine, but we shall call her Kate. It was my great-grandmother's name. Perhaps Katherine Rose...then Katie Rose would be such a great double, Southern name, but I just can't get away from how much I love the name Kate.

enough.

Seriously, how great is it to be married to someone you genuinely LIKE. So great.