Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Photo Wall

Out apartment is forever a work in progress and we'd been wanting to hang up some photos in our front wall in a cool way. We managed to get it up just before people came over for New Years Eve, and Geoff did a very good job of envisioning/creating/maintaining the "shape" of the display. Even when I fussed about some of them being too close or too far apart, he stuck to his guns (ok, with a few minor tweaks to humor me) and it was another time I was thankful for his visual, conceptual and engineering skillz. We decided the front hall would be personal pictures. Us. Friends. Family. And the photos elsewhere would be more as "art". I mean, this is art too, I would say, but ....well you know what I mean.


They are all meaningful to us in some way. Some from our wedding, some from our honeymoon, and the family ones are particularly special. The old black and white one near the bottom left is of my grandmother (Dad's mom, through whom my engagement ring, Christmas ladle and middle name came to me) when she was in her 20s. There are two small ones in there of me with each of my mom's parents when i was a toddler. The one on the right of Al & Geoff is from Al and Liz's wedding and is such a great shot. And I love the one near the upper left of four of my bridesmaids in blue, tying the bows on their dresses. The idea is that we can add to it and still keep the same kind of shape. And yes, Geoff will be in charge of placement and design to maintain that.

Mostly.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

uh. love it. and i think photos ARE art - and the best kind. but we all know how obsessed i am with pictures :-)

Deb Schwabe said...

I love it so much. I am so glad you blogged about it since I am not sure when I may get to be there in person. It is lovely. You are lovely.
xoxoxox

Tracy said...

I love your photo wall. You and Geoff are so hip and chic. Love it.

Hope all is well!

Michelle said...

that is completely awesome looking. can you come make our photo wall now please?