Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Maya Turns 3


We went to CT last weekend for Maya's 3rd birthday. She is our niece, and was the flower girl at our wedding. She is an animal lover to the MAX. We made a parade of them.


It was quite the bash. And the kids couldn't be cuter. At one point, when her mom asked her to come have her picture taken, Maya said she couldn't leave her animals. And then in a small voice said, "They would be sad if I left". Further proof that Maya and I are quite alike. I used to think that all things had feelings. My dolls, trees and various other inanimate objects. In fact, I could tell you the emotions of every single animal in this parade that we made. So, that, the crazy hair, the emotional-ness, the love of animals, and just a touch of bossiness makes Maya practically my pint-sided twin. I'm getting a good idea of what my future daughter would be like, I think.

Loved this one of Kayla, the birthday girl's younger sister (who will be 1 in April). So troubled! And yet so cute.


And there are a ton more pictures, including a Snake Cake (comeplete with chocolate forked tounge. quite twisty and impressive, no idea how Liz made it), but that's all the time we have for today!