Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mini Tantrum

Rough day at work yesterday. Stressful and overwhelming. Came home last night, and told Geoff I was going to throw myself on the bed in frustration. Which I did. And he, wonderful husband that he is, just laid there with me, stroked my hair and listened to me rattle off a list of things I was stressed/worried/upset about. Some legit and some irrational. (And one of which being how I have no time to blog...hence my MIA-ness). And he just listened. And I felt better just saying it out loud. The old cliche is true, sometimes you just want to be listened to. And that in itself fixes things. Cause half the things I was stressed about have gotten fixed or are on their way to being fixed. The work related things anyway. And that's a start.

Here is a video that helped me smile today. It's the little things that can get you through.

3 comments:

Beth said...

My little guy Tyler has watched this at least 10 times. Left to his own devices I think it would entertain him all day.

Deb Schwabe said...

that did me in! THe sneezing Panda. Almost like how "Home ALone" affected me when you were in high school.
you are right. It's the little things that help.
So thankful for Geoff being such a wonderful husband. Your "Comfort and Joy!"
sleep tight, sweet. I love you so much.

Tracy said...

Kate-sorry to hear that your stressed but how sweet of Geoff to just listen (which is the #1 responsibility of a great husband-I tell Brian that all the time. haha)

And yes! You are so right about Red Lobster-once you've hadlobster from the Cape, Red Lobster can't be seen as "real" seafood anymore.
If you and Geoff are on the Cape this summer, then we may just bump into each other. :)