Friday, January 30, 2009

Cora

I just found this blog through my friend Robyn about a couple in Kansas who went to a doctor's appointment with their baby who couldn't seem to get rid of an ear infection and after a series of tests, found out she been diagnosed with cancer all over her body. I haven't finished the whole history of how it happened, but it's obviously a very traumatic time for this little girl and her parents. It seems their story is being spread across the country and even the world, because this is one of the comments I saw on one of their blog posts. I found it very moving.

Hi,

My name Mansi from India.

I am a mother & surely understand the pain you both must have been going through.

I pray to God from Bottom of my heart to make life beautiful for Cora again.

January 30, 2009 3:20 AM



Its amazing to me how so much of life is universal, regardless of race, religion, nationality or the multitude of differences those things can cause. And amazing how total strangers across the world can have the instinct to comfort each other. Well, add me to the list. I'm praying for Cora and her parents too.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

love that perspective, kate. you're so right.

Beth said...

Kate! Hi ---- Anne just showed me your blog. I love it. So cool to be able to see pictures of you and your husband. I hear nothing but great things about how you are doing. I have a blog too - bethandadamtait.blogspot.com. There are some pictures on there of Miles' recent visit to LA. Have fun in NYC for me. I'm hoping to visit this year sometime.

This is a wonderful post by the way.... so true.l