Friday, May 1, 2009

My Shiny new bike!!


OK, not really. These are not our new bikes. However, these bikes are always locked up on our block somewhere. Always together....aw, how cute. :-) They were not the entire inspiration for the bike purchase, clearly....but kind of a constant reminder of what we were missing out on.

And so, after visits to multiple other bike shops, we landed at Spokesman Cycles, with three locations in NYC. Super helpful sales guys who REALLY know what they are talking about. Here I am with my new bike! I love it! It has baskets!


Now for fun detail shots that tell you more about my bike:
That's right, Bike, I CAN ride you 'cross town. And anywhere else I feel like.


My bike is a little cocky. Which I dig.


Pretty trees. Unrelated to bikes except that we passed them on our block on the way to the car on the day we bought the bikes. We call them "fish trees". Because, while beautiful to look at, that is what they smell like.


Check out these amazing COLLAPSIBLE baskets I got. I love that they collapse. LOVE. And of course, my safety tail light for night time riding. As I think my friend Michelle always used to say in college, "Safety first, never last, have a future, not a past." I can't wait for her to say that to her son someday, as he will inevitably roll his eyes. :-)


Queens Boulevard & cityscapes at sunset while driving home with my new bike in the back of the car.


In our neighborhood...


So, we got bikes. And have already been on several amazing rides. But more on those later. And OK, so we bought these almost a month ago, but hey, what can you do....

PS, look at the bad-ass way they hang in our foyer (as we clearly have no garage like you fancy suburban people). Geoff, ever the engineer, rigged that sucker up. Impressive right? And dare I say, bordering on...art installation-ish? OK, that may be a bit of a stretch, but while I didn't originally want bikes hanging in the foyer, there's no place else for them. And they do actually look pretty cool.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm SO glad you're putting safety first!! ;) Your bikes look awesome...have fun!

Christy said...

Kate--that's awesome!!! Now my romantic impression of your life in NY just got even MORE romantic!!!! LOVE you!!! xoxoxoxo :)