Saturday, May 16, 2009

Catching Up

I've mentioned we've been swamped the last few months. I think it may calm down a bit once June rolls around. In the interim....here are things you've missed in our lives.

Since we have limited cabinet space in the kitchen (the ones you see here are the ONLY ones we have, which is why we also have a bakers rack), Geoff came up with the idea of using the top of our cabinets for both artistic, and functional purposes. This is the beginning of it. Food & wine storage are key. Those wine bottles cost between $5 and $7 each and we actually really like them. Economical AND Tasty. An excellent combo.



We went to see the Norman Conquests (very funny British comedy) and stumbled upon another Accidental Paparazzi moment. Who knows who the woman in the trench coat is? And again, we were really taking a picture of the crowds and the review quotes behind her.


We had lunch with our friends Rich & Kelly who were in town celebrating their anniversary. He's a photographer, she's a physical therapist. Geoff shot their wedding, and Rich taught a photography seminar that we went to back in March. Which I STILL haven't blogged about. Ugh. OK, someday....but how cute are they?


We met this (brand new, JUST home from the shelter) puppy. Please. Could you just die?



I've decided that when I become a dog photographer, this will be the picture on my business card.


We've had brunch whenever possible, as it is often our only time together in a given week. Geoff likes to take pictures of me at brunch.



I like to take pictures of brunch at brunch.



We are into purchasing cheap flowers and produce whenever we pass them on the street. Bought some flowers today in fact. $8 for two bunches of chrysanthemums & spider mums and they'll last at least 10 days. Yes please.


My sunglasses did this again. Does this happen to anyone else? I bought new ones and they have been featured in nearly all of these pictures, as I mostly like to wear them as a headband.

I got my hair cut. Finally! Mom, here's the picture you asked for. Sort of. Geoff snapped one of me squinting into the sun, so it wasn't really for purposes of seeing my hair. Can't really fully see the cut, but you get the idea.



We have gone on two excellent biking trips into Manhattan for the day. More on those in another post.

Other than that we've been working like crazy people. And it's Saturday and I'm heading into the office for more of it right now.

9 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

love all the pictures! Love the hair style, you gorgeous thing! And, just go ahead and make the business card with the puppy face and you'll be handing them out and getting bidness....I just know...and, because you can!
Is it Laura Dern? I don't ever see movies so I'm outta practice. At least I made a guess. loveyoubye.xoxoxox

Courtney said...

you guys are so cute :-) so glad you had a good birthday!!!

Beth said...

That picture of you buying flowers on the street makes me miss NYC soooooooo much. I am dying. It hurts. Oh well... hopefully a visit this fall. Thanks for the update. And I love your stuff on top of the cabinets. It looks like you have a very nice place.

Christy said...

oh I love, LOVE seeing pictures of your life...wow you are beautiful :) xoxoxoxo

Tracy said...

Kate,

I hope you or Geoff are checking your comments because I referred my boss (Charlene Jordan) to Geoff's company because she needs a videographer. Her daughter is getting married at Tappan Hill in Westchester, NY next month. She asked me about a videographer and the first person that popped in my head was Geoff. So, she'll probably say that Tracy Belgrave (me) recommended that she call Geoff. I really really hope you both don't mind!! :)

jeremy said...

It's June, right? (as in Benny & June = Mary Stuart Masterson).

Kate and Geoff said...

Jeremy, you are correct. Nicely done. And Tracy, thanks SO much for thinking of Geoff! I will let him know to keep an ear out for your boss. You are awesome!

Michelle said...

I love the hair. And I love the puppy. And I love the brunch. Hope the warm weather is coming your way!

Unknown said...

you know you;re KILLING me with puppy pictures----