Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Birf'day

Happy Cinco de Mayo/Birthday to me! I had a great birthday this year. Hard to top two years ago when I turned 30 and got engaged, but I wasn't expecting to. I got gorgeous flowers from my wonderful husband at work, and another equally amazing bouquet from my brother. The office broke out a crazy chocolate Reece's PB cup cake from Coldstone Creamery, which was INSANE. INSANE, I tell you
Then I went to meet Geoff for a drink, just the two of us (as we've had NO time lately with our crazy work schedules) and he brought me ANOTHER bouquet of flowers, pink peonies (my latest favorite) and purple tulips. Gorgeous. We sat outside at Iguana and he fought the CRAZY crowds at the bar to get me a margarita & some chips & salsa while we waited for our friends to join us for dinner. Most of you know my love for Mexican food, and I'd want to have it on my birthday even if it WASN'T Cinco de Mayo. The only trick is that, everyone else in Manhattan wants it too. But my wonderful friend Marisa fought long and hard to get us a reservation, so we enjoyed a great dinner in the back corner away from the madness. I had an awesome time. And managed to completely forget the camera, so I have NO pictures. We stayed far later than we should of on a school night, but...life is short.

Thanks to everyone who came to dinner -- The Hunts, the Mills(s) - no idea how to pluralize them when their name ends in an "s", Marisa, Mike Minarik (all aglow from his show's Tony nominations that morning), the amazing Sarah Lilley and the lovely Joanna, who was wearing awesome shoes. Thanks to family & friends who sent cards, care packages, gifts and much love in my general direction. I had a great day! And I'm glad all of Mexico and most of Manhattan was celebrating with me!

2 comments:

beckley said...

i'm posting you a pink peony on your fb wall :)

Michelle said...

We don't have Coldstone Creamery in Austin....isn't that The Saddest?