Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day in The Connecticut


We spent Mother's Day out in CT with Geoff's family. Was sad not to see my mom on Mother's Day, but we had a lovely time with my in-laws. (Still weird for me to say I have in-laws, by the way. And yes, it has almost been a year. Clearly, I am slow to adjust to change. Even good ones.) It was a gorgeous day.

And just FYI, for those of you who were at our wedding, the picture above was a little closer to what I pictured the cocktail hour would look like.

Instead, it looked more like this.


Ah well, what can you do? It was still a great party.

We had great fun with the nieces & nephew, as always. A little catch with Uncle Geoff and some general hanging out and reading with Aunt Kate. Much conversation and food and completely being entertained by the kids.

Maya shows Uncle Geoff her painted toes. Yes, there are polka-dots.


Maya snuggles up to her dad


Kayla contemplates football, and likely, life, while wearing a tutu. Doesn't get much better than that.


Crawling away... I knew as soon as I took this shot that I was going to be obsessed with her tutu all day.


Seriously, this is the best outfit ever


Please.


Liz and the kids


I'd heard through Geoff that Khal had thought we should celebrate my birthday the entire month of May. I'm all for that. So this was even a partial birthday celebration for me. And there was a killer, super, mocha chocolate, crazy, amazing cake that was made. It was not to be believed!


Kayla made quick work of it.


I like how here she seems to be saying (and I hear it in my head as a sort of low, guttural almost gremlin-y voice)... "MMMMmmm, yes. Now, what else do you have for me?"


The aftermath...Cake was such serious business, she lost a shoe in the process.


Great fun as always. And I'm realizing....somehow we always manage to be in CT when there is cake available. I swear we don't even do that on purpose.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Lizzie B said...

Those were wonderful! I think you should come back for Father's Day too!

Courtney said...

laughed OUT LOUD at the SHOE! seriously?!?