Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Had a lovely afternoon in the city on Monday. Started with some sneaky sniper subway photography. I liked them holding hands and her pink nail polish.


Loved this shot, with that couple intertwined in the background....


There's something about this shot Geoff got of me that I really like, even though I'm kind of...between facial expressions.


I liked the light on the other side of the restaurant....


Cute little guy, just wishing he had some Pinkberry too.


Geoff actually did the majority of the photography over this weekend. Those subway shots were some of my only ones. And while waiting on the steps of a church in the east village, he got some killer sniper street photography. LOVE this one.


How cute is this girl. And her floppy hat.


This girl was wearing shoes I literally could not believe. Geoff, unlike me, was unconcerned with her shoes, so there are no pictures of them. But geez louise, I couldn't have walked 10 steps in them.


There was a whole series of these girls.


We were actually in the city to see a reading of my friend Mike's DiSalvo's play. He's an actor and we've known each other since college, though really reconnected once we were in the city. He wrote a play about the restaurant that he's worked for several years. Apparently his boss has provided plenty of "material". The reading was hysterical. Truly, my face was hurting from laughing so hard. And Mike cast it brilliantly. He asked some of his fellow 12 Angry Men castmates to do it and they were all truly genius. It was at this bar in the East Village that was literally underground. The pictures Geoff got are a little grainy, but I think its a cool look.



They even thought it was funny! Love how they are all laughing....


All in all, a great, full weekend. Too bad it's over with. As Alison likes to say..... le sigh.....

1 comment:

Christy said...

ALL these shots are awesome...you are amazing Kate!!!