Friday, January 23, 2009

A Maternity Shoot


Michelle had asked me if I would take some photos of her and Mike while I was in Austin, as they were wanting some pregnancy pictures (she's due March 22). I'm always up for a photo shoot, and better to do it for friends so you can practice your skills, since there's still a TON I don't know, and you can hope that your friends won't hold you to the same standard as a true professional. With photography, I kind of rely on my eye for composition and just hope and pray that my very basic knowledge of the technical parts will carry me through. Basically that I'll get lucky. And I think we got some good shots. I definately learned a HUGE amount, which was really interesting. And I think there may be hope for me, because as I talked through some of the technical stuff with Geoff when I got home, I think I am getting better at that part. Slowly but surely. Here is a sampling of shots.




Goofing around...


Poor Michelle. The sun was gorgeous, but low and BRIGHT against this fence. I love this one of her, looking like she might go blind.


Seriously, how cute are they?

7 comments:

beckley said...

triple cute :)

nice work, kate!

Deb Schwabe said...

Beautiful shots, my Kate! I know Michelle and Mike will love this record of this special time....but even more, this precious baby, will one day look at these in wonder and will love them (Pictures AND Mommy & Daddy) even more!!!

Ali said...

LOVE them!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, what a fabulous preview of the pictures you took! I can't wait to see the rest of them. THANK YOU so much for doing this for us!!

PS-You can come back and take pictures of the baby if you'd like more practice. ;)

beckley said...

turns out i'll likely be there mid-march. my mom just invited me today. kate, you want to meet me there and we can play lens-duel? :)

Holly said...

came to you thru Courtney and all I can say it...I'M ADDICTED...your eye is so addicting!

Christy said...

Kate, they're AMAZING!!!!!!!!