Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Barn Girls Take Austin


OK, as I said, the trip to Austin was pretty great. And not just cause of the gorgeous temperatures and sunshine. But because we were able to catch up and share and confide and laugh and cry and enjoy, just as I had hoped we would.

First things first - reunions with babies are way fun. Now, that may be because I don't have one of my own and because I dont have to take one home at the end of the weekend. But I enjoyed it. And how cute are these guys?

KALLEN (Christy's son, her first) - who was doing some teething and was a little fussy at times, but was fascinated by the flash on my camera and was basically BEGGING me to take his picture all weekend.


Happy to see Daddy...


SAWYER (Courtney's son, her fourth) - The smiliest of the bunch and even so much cuter in real life than all the pictures I've seen on her blog for months and months.



MICAH (Kathy's son, her second) - younger than the other two by a couple months, but still matching them pound for pound - which I LOVE. This is the kind of kid that I totally dig. Chill, chunky and a bundle of snuggles.



And the boys seemed to get along pretty well...


I feel these boys must be true friends by this point, as Kallen is clearly REALLY concerned that Sawyer is getting upset. It's like he's saying, "hey, hey! what's wrong?!"


We had a baby shower for Michelle while we were there. AND did fun craft projects. We each made a onesie for the baby, which I thought was an awesome idea.


Lots of talking and laughing.



On Sunday the sun came out and we headed to Town Lake - which is actually a river with walking trails around it. Tons of people were out. Christy and Courtney went for a run and Becca, Ali, Michelle and I went for a walk. And then came the dog park. Where my heart cried a little out of love for all the dogs. And where I took a ridiculous amount of pictures.



This guy killed me. KILLED me. To quote the ever-quoteable Rachel Zoe - "I Die."


Please. Look at this face.




It was really really great to see the girls. And so great to be able to talk openly about what we're all going through, knowing that we will be listened to, loved, empathized with, encouraged and prayed for long after we all head to the airport. I'm grateful. Truly grateful.


Barn Girls, there are a ton more photos available here. And you should be able to download the ones you want from the site. If anyone besides Michelle wants a CD burned, let me know. We missed you Mary!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

These are fantastic!! Thanks for capturing the spirit of our weekend together so well. I'm excited to get a CD with all of them!

Courtney said...

wow, kate. they are amazing!!! and really captured us and our babies and the fun we had. i cried looking at them. i miss you...

Christy said...

ummmmm Kate...wish I could say something more profound than WOW...seriously, you are awesome...LOVE the pictures sooo much---LOVE the dogs!!!!!! and thank you so much for the link!!! oh, and LOVE YOU sooooooo much---this makes me miss you deep in my heart!!! xoxoxoxo