Saturday, January 10, 2009

Edgebrook Farm


One of the biggest parts of going to Georgia is spending time at our family's farm, which my parents bought the year I was born. 60 some acres, a cabin, a pond and a kind of sad little Christmas tree farm (we always end up with a sparse-ish, Charlie Brown tree, but I love it that it comes from our farm). The farm is also where old cars come to die. Dad and Uncle Chuck have a thing for old cars and we've got at least 10-12 of them living out the rest of their days at Edgebrook Farm. We took lots of pictures, as they were amazing.




This is an old army uniform that my grandfather found years ago. No idea how old it is, except that it looks like it's from the Civil War.




This is a front part of a car that somehow made it into the attic of the barn. No idea.




Geoff also did a photo shoot of me on the tractor. Cause why wouldn't you, when there's a tractor?


This one looks like it could have been my senior picture. Love it.



Another large part of family time is always made up of Clay (and now Geoff) flying remote control airplanes. On one of the many flight attempts, the plane got stuck in a tree.


So naturally, Clay tied a bucket to a long piece of string, swing the bucket around a few times and launched it into the tree to knock the plane down. It also got stuck.


Clay laughing at the mess he got himself into. And ps, I will take credit for that Tshirt, as I think it is hysterical. I gave it to him a few Christmases ago. El Camino, the Mullet of Cars.


Next came many attempts to launch a football into the tree.


Haley was also very helpful and brought her football over, in case we needed it.


Until the football got stuck. Here you can see...plane, bucket on string, football all up there together.


Finally Geoff found the world's longest pipe, just laying around, unattached to anything, and that eventually did the trick. Does this remind anyone of The World's Longest Rake from Thanksgiving?


The plane was finally rescued, and the boys set off for the big field to fly the plane again, only to immediately lodge it in the tallest tree on the farm. Where it remains to this day.

5 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

Thanks for posting this! It helps me vicariously 'see' what I missed.
I'm thrilled Geoff had such fun and got right into it all.
love and hugs and kisses.
mom

Courtney said...

such fun! your hair is so long!

Unknown said...

I love old cars laying around like that - sort of a photo wonderland (for me anyway!)

the little owl said...

How fun! Loved seeing all this. And your photos are amazing... seriously.

P.S. Where was that John Deere tractor when I got my senior pictures taken?? Amazing!

Michelle said...

I can't wait for you to teach me how to take pictures like that! My new camera should be in the mail...although I did go with a Canon and I know you're a Nikon gal. :)