Monday, December 6, 2010

Coming Up for Air


Well, it's December. Which means I survived October and November. A feat in itself. And honestly, the last two months have felt kind of like I've been continuously scaling a building. It's been difficult. On a number of fronts. I normally feel like I'm a fairly positive person. I can take a lot of things thrown at me and just keep soldiering on. But these past couple of months have been different. Have kind of beaten me down in a way I'm not used to. Nothing epic or life shattering, and there are zillions of people who have it a lot worse than me, but it's been surprising (to me, though not to the other people in my life) that I've not really been able to rally back like I usually do. I'm hoping that a bit of a holiday lull at work will help things. Ultimately, there's more to examine than just that. And I'll be attempting those things as well.

In the meantime, I can't believe how much you've missed. The annual Halloween extravaganza outside my apartment building, our visit to a farm in Queens in October (so fun!), the return of Tom the Pilgrim Turkey, many adventures in cooking, multiple openings at work, my visit to a burlesque show that a friend was in (one of the cleaner ones out there I would imagine - pretty fun!),Thanksgiving at the Cape, and an attempted burglary of our apartment (luckily it happened when Geoff was home and scared the idiot away before he could even get inside). Other than that it's been mostly work, work, work. Here's hoping things are going to turn around soon... They have to. A good weekend which included time in the kitchen and real conversations with my husband led to me returning to my creative pursuits today...blogging and photography. So that must stand for something.

4 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

'Bout time! That Stress Therapy Haiku really had me stressed. I've missed your creativity and your chance to be the other you. not the work you. sorry that place sucks so much out of you. Here's to enjoying your days, holidays, and just time to rest, reflect and have some great fun and laughter.
love you so much. xoxoxo

Megan said...

burglary attempt! WHA???!!!! wowee. so glad that was a failure.
glad you're up for air my friend & that all is well. xo

Courtney said...

i miss you.
take care of yourself. MUCH love!

beckley said...

missed you =)

and i 've barely even read blogs for two months, so i hear ya on the busy...i'm ALMOST done. slowest week this week since august, but still too crazy.

hope this holiday is lovely for you- deep and special and lovely-