Friday, December 10, 2010

Just Like The Olden Days


When Geoff and I were dating and he lived in CT, I got very familiar with the Metro North. Getting to Grand Central in time to make an express train, which ticket machines had the shortest lines during rush hour and how to navigate the tourists waiting to meet their friends at the clock.

Last night was a Christmas party for all of Geoff's photography friends and I was able to go with him. He headed up earlier by car and there I was catching the 6:11pm train on track 25, scrounging for the best seat on a full train, and arriving in Bridgeport to find Geoff waiting for me. He was in the car, right outside the entrance to the station and he leaned over and opened my door for me, just like back in the old days. It was a lovely flashback to weekends in Connecticut and the early stages of our relationship. I liked it. It made me smile.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How sweet.....fun memories!

Unknown said...

Awwwwe - that is SO SWEET!!! Glad you could make it that night too! :)